Friday 4 December 2009

Beginner's mistake? HA!!!

Feckity-feckit-feck!!! Somebody hand me that dunce cap please!


After 19 years of riding bikes day in and day out, I'd have thought I wouldn't do it, but I did: I forgot to take the fecking disck lock off before riding away! Result: one Thruxton on the ground, broken bar-end mirror, bent shifter and shifter linkage (by the way if anybody has those parts lying around at home and is feeling in the Christmas spirit, I'll be very grateful... just leave a comment and I'll get back to you). Luckily for me, I didn't damage the brake disc, caliper or caliper mounting points, and I was able to turn a right hand mirror into a left-hand one. And the shifter & linkage still work so that's OK. Ah well, it's Friday so I'm going to crack open a beer and get comfortably numb... Have a good weekend!




1 comment: